Strata Health refers to the following entities:
- Strata Health Solutions Inc.
- Strata Silver Inc.
- Strata Health (UK) Ltd.
This privacy statement covers all the above-listed entities. It will explain how our organization uses the personal data we collect from you when you use our website and when our customers enter patient data into any of our hosted applications.
This privacy statement applies to all Strata Health employees, contractors, and third parties involved in the hosting and support of our corporate and customer- hosted environments.
What data do we collect?
Strata Health collects the following data:
- Personal identification information
- Email address
- Phone number
- Cookies and usage data
- Personal health information
- Date of Birth
- Medical data as needed, defined by customers
How do we collect your data?
We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online or place an order for any of our products or services.
- Complete a form on our website.
- Provide us with your contact information and preferences for receiving our marketing communications.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
- Health Care Providers and our customers using our hosted applications:
- Directly enter information through the web interface
- Integrated hospital systems
- Bulk uploads
- Use of one of our publicly hosted web applications associated with a clinical partner.
Strata Health may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- Joint offering partners. We may offer co-branded services or experiences or engage in joint-marketing activities with others, including through conferences, webinars, or live events.
How will we use your data?
Strata Health collects your data so that we can:
- From Website
- Process your order, manage your account.
- Provide customer support.
- Monitor the usage of our website.
- Contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any or all of these communications by following the unsubscribe link or instructions in any email we send.
- From Hosted Applications
- Match patients to appropriate services.
- Provide medical providers with placement options to provide patients.
- Provide medical providers with information to help prioritize and triage waitlists.
- Leverage usage data to improve application experience.
When Strata Health processes your order, it may send your data to, and uses the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
How do we store your data?
With your consent, Strata Health stores your data for marketing purposes in secure servers with multiple levels of security controls and protection, including strong encryption, firewalls, robust access controls, strong passwords, and continuous security monitoring and testing.
You may opt out of receiving any or all of these communications by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any marketing email we send. Unsubscribed contacts will be archived to ensure no further communications are sent. Identifiable information will be retained in campaign reports, unless a contact asks to be removed from our account. At that point, we will permanently delete the contact from all audiences in which their data is stored.
Strata Health securely stores data following the data residency requirements of our customers. Data is only stored in an approved AWS (Amazon Web Services) Zone within the geographic boundary approved for each customer.
Data is never transferred or stored outside of these geographic AWS Zones without written approval from our customers.
All Strata Health access to data is restricted on a need-to-know basis; this includes front-end, back-end and the ability to create hard copy reports from the production data set.
For referral customers, all data is stored in isolated customer instances to ensure data integrity and to ensure segregation of customer data sets.
For all customers, our data is fully encrypted in transit and at rest to protect from unauthorized access following industry best practices and all regulatory requirements.
Strata Health will keep your data for the length of the contract unless a retention period is stipulated in the contract. If such a retention period is defined, then Strata Health will remove all data based on requirements placed in the contract and will communicate with the customer throughout the life of the contract.
Upon termination of the contract, Strata Health will make every effort to provide the customer with a copy of their data. Consideration will be given to capabilities of the backend systems involved.
All hosted systems are covered by our incident management process. In the event of an incident, this process will guide the response process, including the notification of external parties such as regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies.
Strata Health leverages Google Analytics and New Relic to capture and record anonymized usage data. Usage data includes:
- Location and geographic data
- Generic browser data
- Workflow and page navigation data
- Performance data
Data within Google Analytics and New Relic is securely stored and anonymized and is only used to enhance application workflows, performance or gather insight on end user workflows within the Strata Health solution. Usage data is never shared with any third party outside of Strata Health.
What are your data protection rights?
Strata Health would like to ensure you are fully aware of all your data protection rights. Therefore, every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request Strata Health for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Strata Health correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Strata Health to complete information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Strata Health erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Strata Health restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Strata Health’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Strata Health transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
All requests for information must be in writing, and all subsequent communications will be logged in detail.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: email@example.com.
In all cases, Strata Health will take the necessary steps to ensure that the legal requirements of our customers and partners are considered before the release of any information.
StrataHealth.com follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services’ analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
In addition to the standard web hosting logging as described above, Strata Health’s Hosted applications perform in-depth logging of access to sensitive data stored in the system this includes all actions taken against Patient Health Information to maintain a complete audit history of this data in our systems. These logs are linked to the user performing the action and stored in a secure location and protected from any tampering.
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies
- Authentication. These cookies track whether a user is logged in and under what name. They also streamline login information by recalling your credentials.
What types of cookies do we use?
There are several of different types of cookies. However, our website uses:
- Functionality – Strata Health uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These include what language you prefer and the location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Marketing and Advertising – Strata Health uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. Strata Health sometimes shares limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
Cookies and web beacons
Like any other website, StrataHealth.com uses “cookies”. These cookies are used to store information including visitors’ preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimize the users’ experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors’ browser type and/or other information.
Google DoubleClick DART cookie
Our advertising partners
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Third party privacy policies
You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, it can be found at the browsers’ respective websites.
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
StrataHealth.com does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
How to contact us
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Strata Health has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner (Calgary)
Suite 2460, 801 6 Avenue SW
Toll Free: 1-888-878-4044
How To Get Started
Connect With Strata Health
Fill out this form with a brief description of your needs and we will contact you shortly to get the ball rolling.
Visualize Your Solutions
Learn how Strata Health’s integrated software provides a better solution for patient engagement, case management, and post-acute care provider workflows in the transitions of care process.
Our platform is designed to continually improve patient outcomes, from patient flow to fewer readmissions.