QA Test Automation Developer
Strata Health Solutions provides a suite of software applications that streamline the flow of patients through the healthcare continuum. We are actively seeking a Software Test Developer to contribute to our growing team. Successful candidates will join our development team to enhance the quality of our products during the design, implementation, and delivery to customer environments. Candidates will have the opportunity to implement new and unique ways to improve the day to day quality of our software and contribute to solutions that build upon and improve our patient flow applications.
Areas of Accountability
- Ensure that testing activities allow applications to meet business requirements and systems goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify existing or potential issues
- Develop and maintain software automated test frameworks and test suites within an Agile development team
- Automate API/SOAP/FHIR test cases that are part of a continuous delivery workflow, while minimizing the need for manual test repetition
- Develop, review, and execute automated and manual tests as part of functional, integration, system and regression testing
- Ensure accurate test reports for internal and external audiences as required
- Assist in product deployments and upgrades
- Participate in customer site visits and user acceptance testing to gain a first-hand understanding of the impacts our software has on the daily healthcare workflow
- Collaborate with developers to review and develop functional, regression, load, and acceptance testing methods and scenarios
Areas of Accountability
- A degree in computer science, software engineering or equivalent experience
- 3 + years experience in Quality Assurance
- 2 + years of practical experience building automation frameworks (developing automated tests)
- Strong understanding of QA principles and testing methodologies Technical Skills
- Working knowledge of Selenium Webdriver
- Experience testing Web API’s
- Exposure to and deep understanding of XML, JSON, Web Services, REST and SOAP
- Exposure to and experience with load testing tools
- Experience with managing QA environments based on Tomcat or other Java EE application servers and Oracle databases
- Working knowledge of relational databases and SQL
- Practical experience using source code and control systems
Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Possess a genuine interest in testing, enhancing quality and improving personal QA knowledge
- Superb problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Passionate about Agile development and continuous improvement
- Self-directed and eager to participate in pair testing and collaborative design
- Demonstrates initiative to identify and communicate potential challenges, issues, and areas for improvement
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English are a must; we focus highly on inter-team and intra-team collaboration
- Experience with continuous integration tools (Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.)
- Working knowledge of common public integration standards such as HL7 and FHIR
- Familiarity using Atlassian JIRA and Stash
- Knowledge of using virtual machine environments
- Healthcare industry experience
Please note that this position is only available to candidates who are currently in (or willing to relocate to) Calgary.
Strata Health Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and we thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Operational in Canada and the UK, Strata Health Solutions is a privately-held Canadian corporation of professionals delivering patient flow applications directly benefiting patients, their families and the world’s devoted front line caregivers. For more information on our company, please visit our careers section.
We pride ourselves on being an outstanding place to work, where all ideas are given merit, and individuals have the ability to push themselves, our team and our products to the next level. Strata Health Solutions has an excellent set of perks for staff, including but not limited to generous vacation time, a health and wellness allowance (e.g.. spend on a mountain bike or snowboard), health and dental benefits, training allowance, and a MacBook Pro! (for work and personal use, not a hiring bonus.)
Please note that this position is only available to candidates who are currently in (or willing to relocate to) Calgary. All candidates must be currently eligible to work in Canada and willing to live in Calgary.
Strata Health is an equal opportunity employer and while we thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.