Intermediate Accountant/Assistant Controller
Strata Health Solutions is currently looking for an accounting professional who wants to grow stronger and add value in a fast pace and dynamic environment. We have a full-time position available for an Intermediate Accountant/Assistant Controller (depending on experience) in our Calgary Head Office. This role is hands-on with significant room for growth and development for a driven and self-motivated individual. Reporting to the Vice President, Finance, this role requires experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals and direct the work of others, while using a wide degree of creativity and fun.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Oversee daily accounting functions including complete month-end accounting processes
- Prepare and analyze budget to actual variance reporting for operation’s review
- Supervise junior clerk and their activities
- Contracts controller including overseeing all invoicing and AR is current and correct
- Complete and/or review all monthly working papers
- Lead in implementing new accounting system
- Streamline AP invoice process and help develop better on-line process
- Liaise with and coordinate annual audit (in Canada and the UK) in accordance with ASPE
- Review compliance filings
- Daily cash flow reporting and control
- Prepare monthly consolidated financial statements and board reporting
- Prepare bank and other compliance reporting
- Coordinate annual budget process
- Prepare 3-year forecast with support from operations
- Prepare payroll and annual filings
- Completed a professional accounting designation or have an accounting degree or diploma from a North American educational institution
- Minimum 2 to 5 years of experience in Canada, intermediate level accounting roles
- Strong technical skills with advanced Microsoft Excel/Office Suite
- Proven system implementation experience as asset
- Experience with international subsidiaries an asset
- Driven, self-starter and make it happen attitude. Strong work ethic, attention to detail and very organized in a dead-line driven function
- Exceptional communication (English), customer service and problem-solving skills
- Ability to think outside of the box
- Able to work independently, show initiative and take responsibility and collaboratively in a team-oriented environment
- Must pass a criminal record check
Please include salary expectations, prior accounting systems knowledge, and why you should be considered for this role in your cover letter.
Please note that this position is only available to candidates who are currently in (or willing to relocate to) Calgary. Strata Health Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and we thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Operational in Canada and the UK, Strata Health Solutions is a privately-held Canadian corporation of professionals delivering patient flow applications directly benefiting patients, their families and the world’s devoted front-line caregivers.
We pride ourselves on being an outstanding place to work, where all ideas are given merit, and individuals have the ability to push themselves, our team and our products to the next level. Strata Health Solutions has an excellent set of perks for staff, including but not limited to generous vacation time, a health and wellness allowance (e.g.. spend on a mountain bike or snowboard), health and dental benefits, training allowance, and a MacBook Pro! (for work and personal use, not a hiring bonus.)
Please note that this position is only available to candidates who are currently in (or willing to relocate to) Calgary. All candidates must be currently eligible to work in Canada and willing to live in Calgary.
Strata Health is an equal opportunity employer and while we thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.