Business Intelligence Lead, Canada
Reporting to the Director of Solution Delivery, the Business Intelligence Lead will work directly with customers to design, validate, implement, and sustain reporting solutions within Strata Health’s applications. She / he will also work with internal resources to address Strata Health’s internal reporting requirements, spanning into the various systems and business tools in use to manage Strata Health’s operations.
- Lead project to convert current BI tool and in-application reports to
- Build relationships with clinical, technical, and administrative business
leaders within the health authorities and healthcare facilities;
- Lead the design of reports and dashboards within the Strata Health
- Identify barriers in configuration / process and liaise with the
Implementations and / or Client Experience team(s) to devise solutions;
- Identify gaps in functionality and liaise with the Development team to
design and prioritize these changes;
- Lead testing efforts of new dashboards and sustainability across version
- Provide support during dashboard GO LIVEs, including troubleshooting;
- Facilitate the transition to operations.
- Be a subject matter expert (SME) and escalation point on the customer’s
reporting and data needs;
- Lead ongoing maintenance activities, as required; and
- Support application upgrades (often after business hours), both of
customer systems and Strata Health’s.
- Support Sales team in demonstration configuration and health region
- Support team efforts when responding to RFPs / RFIs / RFQs.
The ideal candidate will …
- Thrive in fast-paced, rewarding environments
- Feel passionately about changing systems and processes for the better
- Get excited about data and using data to help make those improvements
- Love problem-solving and finding optimal / elegant solutions
- Learn new things quickly – software, techniques, politics / dynamics
- Be detail-oriented enough to plan thoroughly, but wise enough to just act when needed
- Use appropriate tools to communicate, mindful of audience and message
- Listen thoroughly, to persuade respectfully and collaboratively
- Build relationships at all levels, both internally and externally
- Hold a bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited university
Top candidates will …
- Have 2-3 years experience with reporting / business intelligence technologies
and an aptitude to quickly learn new technologies. The current technologies
being used in this role include:
- Other Relational databases (SQL querying)
- Have experience using custom CSS to style dashboards and reports
- Communicate effectively in English
- Learn new business domains including the challenges, lexicon, and available
data with ease, and be able to apply their Business Intelligence expertise to
design and develop solutions for that domain.
- Have experience delivering large projects, including:
- Requirements gathering with customers
- Design and delivery of business intelligence and / or complex operational
- Balance user-facing and technical skills, enjoying direct customer interactions as well as programming.